Ultimate magazine theme for WordPress.

Boy found dead

‘Mantoetse Maama

MASERU – A nine-year-old boy from Mokhotlong was found dead in his parents’ home last week.

Police spokesman Masupha Masupha said the boy was found kneeling before a five-litre bucket which contained glue.

The boy’s father only discovered that his son had died when he woke up in the morning, Masupha said.

“The deceased had inserted his head inside a bucket that contained glue.

“It is suspected that he had been sniffing the glue for the whole night,” Masupha said. 

Police said they are investigating the matter.

In a separate incident, a four-year-old boy died after the home he was sleeping in caught fire in Quthing last week.

The police said they suspected a paraffin lamp that was left burning at night caused the fire.

“His mother woke up at night asking for help from neighbours as her house was on fire,” Masupha said.

“The woman told the police that when she woke up at around 1am she realised that her house was on fire.

“She then left her two children aged between four and five years inside the house to ask for help from neighbours.”

But when neighbours rushed to the house the boy had already died after suffocating from the smoke.

In Mohale’s Hoek, a house belonging to a 55-year-old woman was burnt to ashes last week in a suspected arson attack.

The police said the house was set on fire following a misunderstanding with other villagers over who should be chief.

The house was burnt allegedly by villagers from Ha Makhabane in Mafeteng.

“Villagers from the two villages, Ha Makhabane and Ha Mahlahlathane, are fighting for the chieftainship and they are attacking one another,” Masupha said.                  

“They are not satisfied that the other villagers are ruled by a chief from Mafeteng while other villagers are ruled by a chief from Mohale’s Hoek,” Masupha said.

Comments are closed.