A 23-YEAR-OLD man accused of sexually assaulting a 30-year-old woman has been released on M500 bail due to the ongoing Lesotho Correctional Service (LCS) industrial action.
According to Thaba-Tseka District Police Commissioner, Senior Superintendent Litsietsi Selimo, the suspect appeared in court on Wednesday but was released because he could not be held in custody owing to the LCS warders’ go-slow. The wardens, whose strike began in December last year, want government to review their salary and rank structures.
“A 30-year-old woman reported that she had been drinking with her friends together with the suspect,” Snr Sup Selimo said.
“They later went to her house and the suspect fell asleep while in her home. The other friends left her with the suspect. After waking up, he asked the victim about the whereabouts of her friends.
“When she told him they had left him at her house, he sexually abused her. The suspect appeared before court but he was released on M500 bail. He will appear again on 8 April.”
Comments are closed.