Ultimate magazine theme for WordPress.

Police say they are closing in on boy’s suspected killer

Ntsebeng Motsoeli MASERU — Police on Thursday said they are zeroing in on the suspect who kidnapped and killed a 13-year-old boy from Koalabata last month.

Senior Superintendent Tšeliso Tšita from Mabote police told the Sunday Express that they believed the person who killed Moholobela Seetsa was from the same area.

“Usually some murders are committed by people who know the victim quite well and monitor his movements first,” Tšita said.

Tšita made the comments while addressing a meeting that had been called to request the villagers’ co-operation in tracking down the killer.

Seetsa was murdered in a suspected ritual killing four weeks ago.

His mutilated body was discovered in a shallow grave in a valley near his home.

He was buried at an emotional funeral last weekend.

Tšita appealed to the Koalabata villagers to provide any information that could lead to the arrest of the killer.

He however appealed to the villagers to stop attacking people they suspected could have had a hand in Seetsa’s killing as this was against the law.

The family of a local Koalabata businessman Lawrence Phasumane had to flee for dear life two weeks ago after angry villagers attacked their house.

The villagers accused the Phasumane of killing Seetsa.

“We do not want people attacked. It is criminal for anyone to take the law into their own hands.

“The public should help us by reporting suspects to us. It will be much easier to make arrests if people bring forward evidence to support their allegations,” Tšita said.

He added that one man had already been brought in for questioning by the police in connection with the case.

“The man is not a suspect; we just picked him as part of our investigations. That does not make him a suspect,” Tšita said.

He also told the villagers that Deputy Police Commissioner Kizito Mhlakaza had received their petition calling for a speedy investigation into the murder.

Hundreds of villagers from Koalabata last Wednesday marched and petitioned the acting police commissioner to speed up investigations into the murder.

Comments are closed.