Ultimate magazine theme for WordPress.

LDF, LCS march into Top8 semis

Moorosi Tsiane

LDF attacker Koete Mohloai came from bench to seal the victory for the army side to advance to the LNIG Top8 semifinals in yesterday’s 2-0 win over Kick4Life at Setsoto Stadium yesterday afternoon.

The two sides had drawn nil all last weekend in the first leg in Maputsoe.

The match started on a low tempo with both teams being cautious to avoid conceding early.

However, it was the visitors Kick4Life who first threatened through Mokoteli Mohapi’s header 10 minutes into the match but he narrowly missed the target.

Kick4Life looked the better of the two sides and were enjoying lots of possession.

Their striker Tšeliso Botsane looked to be a thorn to LDF defence line but he had no support from his teammates.

Desperate to stay into the game, LDF made a first half substitute pulling out Tšepo Lebate for Thabo Mongali on the 37th minute.

Kick4Life continued to enjoy the possession especially in the middle of the park but could not pose much threat to the LDF backline.

Tsolo Mokapane broke the deadlock for the home side with a beautiful set piece that was curled into the bottom left corner a few paces from the penalty area.

The match went into the break LDF still leading by a single goal.

Immediately after the break, Kick4Life introduced Rasetabele Kalosane for Obakeng Modirwa.

The army side came back from the break a much-improved team and they came close to extending their lead on the 55th minute but were let down by striker Thabang Rabi’s poor decision making that saw him failing to finish off Letsatsa Moshoeshoe’s cross.

The towering Moshoeshoe had caught Kick4Life in a counter and pushed the ball from the half way line into the penalty area where he passed to Rabi after evading the goalkeeper Thetsane Sele. However, Rabi took his time before he could finish off and before he knew it, Moruti Thamahane was there to block him.

In the meantime, Kick4Life were also trying to fight back and created a few chances.

Kalosane could have levelled matters on the hour mark but he headed straight to the goalkeeper Teboho Ratibisi inside the six-yard box from a Liteboho Nkune cross.

LDF made their second substitute introducing Mohloai for Morena Moloi.

The Bob Mafoso coached outfit kept on pushing for an equaliser and came close, this time through Botsane. However, once again Ratebisi became LDF’s saviour denying Botsane from a one on one situation.

Nurman Kumatsi came in for in for Tebello Ntene on the 74th minute as the second change for Kick4Life. Kick4Life suffered a blow 10 minutes before the final whistle when their anchor Ralekoti Mokhahlane was given the marching orders after a second bookable offence.

They however, kept fighting hoping to advance on an away goal’s rule but luck was not on their side as they kept blowing their chances.

It was LDF who got the goal this through Mohloai who easily tapped into the net from a Moshoeshoe cross after Kick4Life were caught on a counter attack with two minutes to go.

LDF coach Motheo Mohapi said he was happy with the results.

“We are happy with the results and I applaud my players because Kick4Life were also a good side and kept pushing us all the way but at the end of the day one team had to win,” Mohapi said.

“We didn’t start well and were forced to make an early change but things changed after that and we are happy.”

Mafoso on the other hand said LDF were a better side defensively and benefited from converting their chances.

“We have lost to a team who were better than us defensively. We created our chances but they didn’t crack and they converted their chances and that is just it,” Mafoso said.

Sohle-Sohle became the second team to book a place into the semis following LCS who registered a 2-1 win over Lioli to overturn last weekend’s 1-0 defeat.

Comments are closed.