Ultimate magazine theme for WordPress.

Alternative braai festival in the works

 

Mohalenyane Phakela

THE organisers of the Maletsunyane Braai Festival in Semonkong have said they are unfazed by news of a counter event planned for a week earlier than theirs at the same venue.

The Maletsunyane Braai Fest which is organised by OTB Exclusive Events will be held on 25 and 26 November 2017 and Facebook has been awash with rumours of a counter event named the 120 BBQ Braai Fest to be held a week earlier on 18 and 19 November.

Both events allow people to bring their own meat, drinks and braai stands. The only difference is that with the Maletsunyane Braai Festival, there will an entrance free of M180 while the other is free of charge.

OTB representative Tichere Pule

OTB representative, Tichere Pule on Friday told Xpress People that they did not believe the counter event would happen but everything was stage-managed to create confusion.

“As much as we have not done assessment on how the event may affect ours, we do not believe it is real but rather a plot to confuse people and stop them from attending ours,” Pule said.

“We do not believe it is real because there is no one who has been identified as the organiser. However, we already have a suspicion as to who is behind the propaganda as there is this one person who has been circulating news on Facebook that our event will not go ahead since the community is against it.

“We wish to make it clear to people that our event is still on and it will be on 25 November and not on any other date. We will do everything in our power to ensure that our event succeeds.”

Pule also said there were some people who had a tendency of copying other people’s business models, adding, the ‘purported’ event was aimed at turning theirs into a flop.

Xpress People sent a message to the 120 BBQ Braai Fest Facebook Page seeking comment but there was no response.

 

Comments are closed.