Grand Easter bash postponed

0

Mamohlakola Letuka

THE organisers of the highly anticipated Lesotho Grand Easter bash billed to feature Nigerian music sensation Tekno have parted ways over the postponement of the show from 30 March to a later date in April.

Cube Events and Black Mix had thrown fans up in the air last month when they announced the coming of the biggest music show so far since the beginning of the year.

However, last week Cube Events boss, Benny B explained they decided to postpone the show to the last week of April after the Nigerian musician, Tekno suddenly informed them that he was unable to attend due to another pressing commitment.

“When arrangements were initially made, he did not communicate this “pressing commitment”, so considering the situation, we had no other choice but to postpone to a later date, which we are going to announce,” Benny B said.

However, some inside sources said partner company, Black Mix pulled-out of the deal accusing Cube Events of unprofessional conduct.

“Black Mix were unhappy because they had insisted on signing a working contract, but Cube Events was reluctant to do so. When the event was postponed leading to the uncertainty over the new date, Black Mix decided to pull-out,” the source said.

Black Mix Lesotho chief executive officer, Manisha Black declined to comment on the unprofessionalism allegations saying they were unable to participate due to the change of the date.

“We were contracted by Cube Events to assist in executing the event but due to the change of the date, we will no longer be part of the show,” she said.

The Easter bash was expected to feature local heavyweights including Afro DJs, Deepee; Kopper; Osmic; Tseko; Vesta; Dumanis; Ebonics; Gama and Indo & Innvendos, Juvy, MIP among other acts.

Also scheduled to attend were Nasty C and Prince Kaybee from South Africa.

However, to make matters worse, the build-up shows expected to have taken place prior to the main event have not yet taken place and this was attributed to the Cube Events and Black Mix Lesotho split.

Benny B said the postponement was a blessing in disguise as they will have much time to prepare for a much bigger event.

“We are now working harder to make the show even much bigger and memorable than we had initially intended.”

The event is meant to bring new and exciting international feel to the entertainment culture in Lesotho.

Benny B explained the main investors for the show were some Nigerians who were taking care of the MTV Africa Music Awards 2016- Best New Act award winner expenses, while Cube Events were handling expenses for the Lesotho show.

“We were approached by one Nigerian company that indicated they wanted to bring a Nigerian act here. We then agreed they would handle all the costs from Nigeria while ours is to cater for the event from this side.”

On how they were managing the unexpected delay, he said they had already communicated with the local and South African artistes who understood the situation.

“Other performers on the line-up also agreed to the new arrangement. The fans that had bought some tickets can exchange with the new ones or get a refund if maybe they cannot attend in April.”

Share.

About Author

Sunday Express is Lesotho's only Sunday newspaper. Published every Sunday and distributed nationwide.  News: editor@sundayexpress.co.ls | Advertising: marketing@sundayexpress.co.ls | Telephone: +266 2231 5356

Comments are closed.